Sunday, December 18, 2016

Broadmoor - More Progress

I think I have all the modifications complete to get my new motor in.  After moving the engine around a bit to make the gas tank fit, I realized that the hood was contacting the front shroud of the engine (evidenced by scratches in the paint 😡)

Anyway, After looking at the hood a bit, I realized that the front piece (that has the logo) can move a bit forward, and still look "correct."  So, off come the spot welds.




Next, I lined the hood back up on the tractor and clamped it in a position that looked "original" but that also cleared the engine.

Really, it didn't move much.  It was more of an "angle correction."  In stock form, the front of the hood is angled back toward the tractor.  I've realigned it to move of a perpendicular relationship with the hood.  Welded it back on and it fits nicely now.  Obviously, I'll need to paint it, but that was in the plan anyway.  I also need to add a couple pieces of sheet metal to clean up the edges a bit.  









No comments:

Post a Comment